Treating Your Home with Diatomaceous Earth.
- Before applying the diatomaceous earth (DE) to your living space, make sure to do a quick run around your house with the vacuum in order to agitate the fleas. This will get them moving and more likely to encounter the DE.
- Apply the DE liberally to carpet, couches, bedding, cat trees and any other area your pet spends time. Make sure to get some into the darks small spaces that fleas tend to hide in, such as under the couch and between cushions.
- Let the DE sit for 2-8 hours and then vacuum up.
- Repeat process every two weeks until fleas are no longer present.
Anti-Flea and Tick Solution
This concoction can be used both as a rinse, dip, or spray:
- Rinse into your pet’s fur.
- Dip a handkerchief or other piece of cloth and fasten to your pet.
- Pour in spray bottle and take spritz your pet. Make sure to avoid eyes and nose.
You will need:
1 x lemon
1 x orange
1 x pot
1 x strainer
- Slice up your orange and lemon into rounds.
- Drop rounds into pot of water.
- Bring water to boil and let simmer.
- After 5-10 minutes (once you can smell the citrus aroma), turn heat off and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain out the lemon and orange rounds.
- Ready to use!