SALMON POISONING RISK


Dogs that consume raw fish are likely to suffer salmon poisoning! A parasite called Nanophyetus salmincola that infects salmon and other anadromous fish can pose a significant risk to dogs. Symptoms of salmon poisoning include vomiting, fever, and diarrhea, and if left untreated can lead to death. If your dog has consumed raw fish and has any of these symptoms, immediately consult a veterinarian for antibiotic treatment. Only give raw meat that has been thoroughly tested and approved for consumption! 

Remember there’s still a risk of blue-green algae in local waters! Be sure to check local algae warnings before going near water with your dog and prevent your dog from coming in contact with still or stagnant water. Safety first!