This month, we asked our customers to send in their favorite pet recipe that is purrfect for the holidays.
We chose this recipe from Amy Conlin.
3 Ingredient Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
1. One cup oats (old fashioned, 1-minute oats, or instant), plus more if needed- see instructions
2. 1/3 cup pumpkin pureé (not pumpkin pie filling)
3. 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
4. Preheat your oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Add the oats to a food processor and grind until they reach a fine powder. Add in the pumpkin and peanut butter and blend until a sticky dough is formed.
6. Remove from the processor and roll out on a lightly floured surface. (I used brown rice flour because my dog is sensitive to wheat, but if yours is not you could use wheat flour, more ground oats, or another flour that you have on hand). Cut out cookies using a small cookie cutter of any shape, or alternatively just cut into squares with a knife.
7. Lay the treats on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the treats are dry and hard. Let cool before giving to your pup and then store in an airtight container.